1. Think about what people will get points for. In FR it is mainly for trying hard at events, coming to events and winning events. In smaller clubs you might have things for buying uniform or maybe people get points if they learn the club dressage routine…?
2. Now think about how and where you will display points. In a small club you could do it in club information but in a big one you could do it on a website. I found that just posting the winner isn’t good enough as people like to know where they were.
3. How will sending in points work? Will people send in a form, mail you, message you? I find the form easiest as has all the instructions there and it forces people to give all of the information.
4. How will you count points? I normally go through each thing and write their name and do a tally of points next to it. That way it is very visual and hard to make a mistake.
5. Finally, I type it all up onto the website and edit the certificate.
I just thought I would start a ‘club guide’ series! Well I’ll tell you what is happening in FR at the moment, lots of excitement about the Mustangs. They are coming tomorrow and I can’t wait. I have the title in my head for it tomorrow ‘Meet my mustang’! Hahaha! See you then!